Skip to main content

Sumea Concepts

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Ok, this is a new section on Sumea. Sumea members can test drive it at http://www.sumea.com.au/sconcepts.asp . You have to log in normally before viewing that page. Don't upload any pictures yet until I've put in the functionality for you to update/change anything you've uploaded.

Basically, Sumea Concepts is a new section currently for Sumea members (and later on the public) which is a gallery of high quality commercial concept art for games that's around these days. Sumea profile members can contribute to it, and hopefully it'll be a good place to get some inspiration from for everyone.

It's still being worked on, with ordering of thumbnails by their type, genre, rendering, game etc and updating existing entries not yet implemented. But you can check out the pretty pictures in the meantime.

Just a note that the show image button doesn't work in Firefox or Opera, but does work in IE. [:(][:X]

Submitted by redwyre on Mon, 26/09/05 - 8:57 PM Permalink

Just diverts to the main page for me...

Submitted by Djenx on Mon, 26/09/05 - 11:36 PM Permalink

I don't seem to be able to log in through the main page, i can log in through the forums page though... but thats it[?]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 26/09/05 - 11:50 PM Permalink

You have to log in your Sumea profile/journal.

Submitted by codyalday on Tue, 27/09/05 - 12:08 AM Permalink

Works for me. Very good layout Souri and nice idea to incorporate this in your website, going to give a lot of people inspiration.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/09/05 - 12:47 AM Permalink

looks awesome except that my screens effectively cut in half when actually viewing the concept art which isnt a good thing (because idealy i want to be able to see it all without scrolling). Also might be an idea to have more of a concept art homepage rather then having the main directory as the upload page. Itll be great to build up a catalouge! good luck with this project

Submitted by souri on Tue, 27/09/05 - 12:58 AM Permalink

Yeh, that's what the show image button is for. It hides the top frame with all the thumbnails. Unfortunately, it only seems to work on IE. I have absoutely no idea why Firefox and Opera don't like it. If anyone has a solution or a workaround, please let me know. You can view the javascript in the page.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/09/05 - 1:06 AM Permalink

Ahhh it works now! Thats a great idea Souri - really good job on this!! [:D]

Submitted by souri on Wed, 28/09/05 - 4:11 PM Permalink

Ok, I've put in all the functionality for ordering the thumbnails in the library by artist, game, and categories. It's useful for finding anything particular, or especially for contributers who want to upload for them to make sure they're not putting up a duplicate piece.

I've also put in the ability to re-edit/re-upload any pics you've uploaded to the library, so if you make any mistakes, it's no problem at all.

Functionality wise, the new section is complete and is ready to go. I'll probably put something on the main page rather than just an upload form, but if anyone is interested in uploading stuff, go for it! Please do make sure it's *top quality* stuff though.

Posted by souri on
Forum

Ok, this is a new section on Sumea. Sumea members can test drive it at http://www.sumea.com.au/sconcepts.asp . You have to log in normally before viewing that page. Don't upload any pictures yet until I've put in the functionality for you to update/change anything you've uploaded.

Basically, Sumea Concepts is a new section currently for Sumea members (and later on the public) which is a gallery of high quality commercial concept art for games that's around these days. Sumea profile members can contribute to it, and hopefully it'll be a good place to get some inspiration from for everyone.

It's still being worked on, with ordering of thumbnails by their type, genre, rendering, game etc and updating existing entries not yet implemented. But you can check out the pretty pictures in the meantime.

Just a note that the show image button doesn't work in Firefox or Opera, but does work in IE. [:(][:X]

Submitted by redwyre on Mon, 26/09/05 - 8:57 PM Permalink

Just diverts to the main page for me...

Submitted by Djenx on Mon, 26/09/05 - 11:36 PM Permalink

I don't seem to be able to log in through the main page, i can log in through the forums page though... but thats it[?]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 26/09/05 - 11:50 PM Permalink

You have to log in your Sumea profile/journal.

Submitted by codyalday on Tue, 27/09/05 - 12:08 AM Permalink

Works for me. Very good layout Souri and nice idea to incorporate this in your website, going to give a lot of people inspiration.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/09/05 - 12:47 AM Permalink

looks awesome except that my screens effectively cut in half when actually viewing the concept art which isnt a good thing (because idealy i want to be able to see it all without scrolling). Also might be an idea to have more of a concept art homepage rather then having the main directory as the upload page. Itll be great to build up a catalouge! good luck with this project

Submitted by souri on Tue, 27/09/05 - 12:58 AM Permalink

Yeh, that's what the show image button is for. It hides the top frame with all the thumbnails. Unfortunately, it only seems to work on IE. I have absoutely no idea why Firefox and Opera don't like it. If anyone has a solution or a workaround, please let me know. You can view the javascript in the page.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/09/05 - 1:06 AM Permalink

Ahhh it works now! Thats a great idea Souri - really good job on this!! [:D]

Submitted by souri on Wed, 28/09/05 - 4:11 PM Permalink

Ok, I've put in all the functionality for ordering the thumbnails in the library by artist, game, and categories. It's useful for finding anything particular, or especially for contributers who want to upload for them to make sure they're not putting up a duplicate piece.

I've also put in the ability to re-edit/re-upload any pics you've uploaded to the library, so if you make any mistakes, it's no problem at all.

Functionality wise, the new section is complete and is ready to go. I'll probably put something on the main page rather than just an upload form, but if anyone is interested in uploading stuff, go for it! Please do make sure it's *top quality* stuff though.