Skip to main content

XSI EXP for HL2

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

you've probably heard of Softimage's free version EXP, they have a new one for especially Half Life 2. It's free of course and seems promising. Possibly a Gmax competitor.

PS. Hope you have broadband
http://www.softimage.com/products/exp/HL2/

It takes a while, i think there re a lot of peeps gettin it.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

yup theres heaps of people grabbing it, heard about it on tuesday, i think ill have a go at making a HL2 compatible model in the near distant future.

On a sidenote - Bullet21 im working on that Orc engineer Concept, once ive got it to a satisfactory stage - ill build him and do that unwrapping tut for you :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:39 AM Permalink

ooohhhh yeah, thanx mate. youre aaaallllrrrriiiigggghhhhttttt

Submitted by Morphine on Sat, 27/03/04 - 11:33 AM Permalink

Yes! Something for me to work on for HL2!! Now .... All I need now is an Internet connection .....

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 7:35 PM Permalink

Isn't softimage meant to be extremely hard to learn, like harder than maya. I think it requires an elite PC as wel.

Submitted by Red 5 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 9:43 PM Permalink

It's definitely different to Max, but a little closer to Maya in some respects, and will seem confusing at first as will any new 3D app. Just follow through as many varied and basic tutorials as you can find and it'll begin to click fairly quickly, once it does there'll be no turning back ;) ...smart move from Softimage.

You don't need a highend PC to run XSI, not like Softimage3D which requires a hefty machine.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 10:24 PM Permalink

so there are XSI users on sumea :)

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 11:24 PM Permalink

cnet secure downlaod is very fast, and not busy, i'm gettin 766 kb/s on cable of course.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 28/03/04 - 1:08 AM Permalink

I hope that this is an indication that Half Life 2 will be out "real soon now"! Gamespy has an article on one of the sessions at the Game Developers Conference 2004 about editing characters in Half Life 2 (mouth movements etc). [url="http://archive.gamespy.com/gdc2004/hl2chars/"]Looks very interesting[/url]!

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

you've probably heard of Softimage's free version EXP, they have a new one for especially Half Life 2. It's free of course and seems promising. Possibly a Gmax competitor.

PS. Hope you have broadband
http://www.softimage.com/products/exp/HL2/

It takes a while, i think there re a lot of peeps gettin it.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

yup theres heaps of people grabbing it, heard about it on tuesday, i think ill have a go at making a HL2 compatible model in the near distant future.

On a sidenote - Bullet21 im working on that Orc engineer Concept, once ive got it to a satisfactory stage - ill build him and do that unwrapping tut for you :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:39 AM Permalink

ooohhhh yeah, thanx mate. youre aaaallllrrrriiiigggghhhhttttt

Submitted by Morphine on Sat, 27/03/04 - 11:33 AM Permalink

Yes! Something for me to work on for HL2!! Now .... All I need now is an Internet connection .....

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 7:35 PM Permalink

Isn't softimage meant to be extremely hard to learn, like harder than maya. I think it requires an elite PC as wel.

Submitted by Red 5 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 9:43 PM Permalink

It's definitely different to Max, but a little closer to Maya in some respects, and will seem confusing at first as will any new 3D app. Just follow through as many varied and basic tutorials as you can find and it'll begin to click fairly quickly, once it does there'll be no turning back ;) ...smart move from Softimage.

You don't need a highend PC to run XSI, not like Softimage3D which requires a hefty machine.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 10:24 PM Permalink

so there are XSI users on sumea :)

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 11:24 PM Permalink

cnet secure downlaod is very fast, and not busy, i'm gettin 766 kb/s on cable of course.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 28/03/04 - 1:08 AM Permalink

I hope that this is an indication that Half Life 2 will be out "real soon now"! Gamespy has an article on one of the sessions at the Game Developers Conference 2004 about editing characters in Half Life 2 (mouth movements etc). [url="http://archive.gamespy.com/gdc2004/hl2chars/"]Looks very interesting[/url]!