Skip to main content

geometry dissapears after re-opening file in maya

Submitted by MoonUnit on
Forum

Im working on a project in maya whereby ive created some 3d text using the text tool then used bevel plus to turn the curves into geometry. I also have other geometry in the scene but when i save and then re-open the file the geometry created from the text curves never remains. After the geometry has been created with the curves i delete the curves themselves, is that my issue? Any advice or comments would be helpfull, thanks

im working with maya 5.0

Submitted by Majeeva on Tue, 27/06/06 - 11:55 AM Permalink

try creating and bevelling your poly text, then deleting the history, before saving and reloading...

Posted by MoonUnit on
Forum

Im working on a project in maya whereby ive created some 3d text using the text tool then used bevel plus to turn the curves into geometry. I also have other geometry in the scene but when i save and then re-open the file the geometry created from the text curves never remains. After the geometry has been created with the curves i delete the curves themselves, is that my issue? Any advice or comments would be helpfull, thanks

im working with maya 5.0

Submitted by Majeeva on Tue, 27/06/06 - 11:55 AM Permalink

try creating and bevelling your poly text, then deleting the history, before saving and reloading...