Authored byKylie Wharepapa
Authored onMonday, 22 February, 2021 - 3:00 PM
Come work in a positive, diverse environment with a talented team of programmers, designers and artists creating exceptional games. Runaway Play is a self publishing studio based in Dunedin, New Zealand. We create original IP games for Free to Play Mobile.
We have exciting new games to roll out over the coming years, and we need more experienced programmers to help this happen!
- Mentor and assist Programmers to develop features and content at the request of Product Owners.
- Support Programmers to conform to conventions, upskill and improve.
- Review code of other Programmers and provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Develop code to a high and professional standard.
- Clear documentation of complex systems.
- Integrate feedback into future revisions.
- Excellent use of programming languages relevant to the project development environment. (Eg. C#, Unity, C++, Lua etc).
- Design architecture for new products or new features.
- Offer insightful feedback, suggestions and ideas in discussions and concept development for new mechanics.
- Consider player behaviour and positively contribute to ideas to improve player experience.
- Play test and provide insightful feedback on new features and products.
Skills & Experience
- Solid, practical programming skills
- Proven game or app creation experience this is a prerequisite to applying (send us something we can use or play)
- Must have experience developing with Unity
- Strong C# skills
- Experience using Git, or other CVS
- Initiative to self manage and ensure your time is being used in the most efficient way possible to produce fun experiences for end users
- Fun and personable we really value our positive team culture
- Tertiary degree in Computer or Information Science
- Experience developing with Cocos2d-x, C++, Lua
We take pride in our positive, friendly culture and hire people who want to be part of making something special with us. We’re a diverse group and encourage applications from diverse applicants. We provide a flexible, positive workplace environment - if you feel excited about joining us, we’d love to hear from you. Applicants from outside New Zealand are welcome, we would work with you on visa and entry requirements. Please send your resume to: email@example.com