Authored byDragonBear Studios
Authored onWednesday, 14 July, 2021 - 2:24 PM
Senior Game Developer/Programmer
DragonBear Studios – Full time Game Developer, 4-6 Month Contract, with the possibility of extension.
Remote within Australia or flexible onsite, Melbourne CBD
We are seeking a full-time Programmer to join our small, playful, and diverse team on-site in CBD Melbourne, Australia, or remote available in the AEST/AEDT time zone. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
About DragonBear Studios:
We're a Melbourne based collective of diverse, queer, and Indigenous storytellers bringing our meaningful tales to you through play. Our studio culture is playful, supportive and kind, and full of diverse and highly creative game makers. Crunch ice-cream, not people.
We are currently developing our adorable flagship game, Innchanted.
The Role/ What You Will Be Doing:
- Writing clean, high-quality, maintainable code
- Working on networked gameplay features (using PUN)
- Implementing backend support features such as analytics and crash/error reporting
- Bug fixing and optimisations ahead of demo builds going live to the public
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Extending realtime AI behaviour
- Expertise in C# /Unity3D, for PC/Console Development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, prioritisation, multi-tasking skills, and are a demonstrated team-player.
- Must have shipped at least one PC/Console game. More shipped titles are a bonus.
- 3+ years of PC/Console development experience
- Experience with Networking (PUN/Photon) and analytics implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Unit testing experience
- Game design and/or level design skills, and the ability to articulate these concepts
- Additional years of transferable skills in Software development
- Tools development to support game designers
- The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, loves coding, problem solving, and is overall a joy to work with.
You will have:
- A Positive attitude and strong sense of initiative
- An ability to design solutions to meet studio and project needs
- An ability to work collaboratively with designers, producers and QA
Email email@example.com with a cover letter, CV, and portfolio links, and your location/timezone.
The successful candidate will need to work remote (within Australia preferably) or onsite in our CBD Melbourne office.