Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 9:58 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, BAFTA winners and creator/developer of the Path of Exile series, a dark and gritty ARPG. We’re growing and seek an experienced Art Director to join us at our studio in Henderson, Auckland.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed - see Who Can Apply below
- Provide artistic leadership, direct and lead your team to produce and maintain high quality and consistent aesthetic across all areas in the game and related material.
- Facilitate and lead art reviews, directing and providing positive, constructive feedback across your team.
- Lead the delivery of assets that fit artistic, production and technical performance goals.
- Manage external outsourcing studios and maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the areas in the game and related material.
- 10 years experience in games development with 3 years as an Art Director.
- Experience with high budget AAA game development.
- Leadership experience.
- Understanding of how to create awesome gaming experiences.
- Working knowledge of game development tools and their limitations.
- Excellent communications skills, with an ability to train other artists.
- Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to proactively seek out solutions to unblock progress and make work easier for others.
- Understanding of Path of Exile and its themes.
- Must have a firm grasp of artistic fundamentals
- A strong portfolio, and/or reel, which shows shipped projects.
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
Who can apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are legally permitted to work in New Zealand or if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease, we want to hear from you!
* Note: No VISA sponsorships offered
Covid-19 hiring policy:
Some roles can expect to begin as remote positions, but our expectation is for you to join us in Auckland as travel restrictions ease.
*Long-term remote considered for very senior artists/animators with exceptional portfolios/reels only.
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.