Authored byTantalus Media
Authored onMonday, 30 August, 2021 - 11:22 AM
Hey everyone, Tantalus is currently looking for Generalist Programmers. Experienced? Great! New graduate? Great! Self-taught? Great!
Work with some of the biggest names in publishing on very high profile titles. Recent titles include Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, Microsoft's Age of Empires I DE, II DE, III DE series, and Paradox's Stellaris and Cities: Skylines.
Tantalus is an equal opportunity employer and is actively seeking applicants from traditionally under-represented groups in games development. If you know anyone who fits the bill, let them know too!
Remuneration is competitive and is based around level of experience, so if you meet or come close to our guidelines below, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "General September 2021" and let's have a chat.
- Work closely with producers, game designers, and artists to implement next-generation games
- Implement, optimize, and maintain game systems
- Modify, enhance, and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Follow Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assist and mentor other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable proficiency in C++
- Good familiarity with game engine architectures
- Familiarity with source control
- Write clear, robust, maintainable code
- Demonstrated accurate scheduling ability
- Naturally work as part of a team
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- A degree or higher level tertiary qualification in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
- Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
- Windows 10 and/or Console development experience
- Have completed a commercial project
- Some familiarity with assembler dialects (e.g. X86, ARM)
- Some familiarity with shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- 3 years' games software development experience
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (e.g. Razer, PIX, Renderdoc, Nvidia Tools)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)