Authored byTantalus Media
Authored onThursday, 8 April, 2021 - 10:43 AM
- Work closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement next-generation games
- Implement, optimize and maintain game systems
- Modify, enhance and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Follow Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assist and mentor other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable proficiency in C++
- Good familiarity with game engine architectures
- Familiarity with source control
- Write clear, robust, maintainable code
- Demonstrated accurate scheduling ability
- Naturally work as part of a team
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- A degree or higher level tertiary qualification in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
- Windows 10 and/or Console development experience/li>
- Have completed a commercial project
- Some familiarity with assembler dialects (e.g. X86, ARM)
- Some familiarity with shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- 3 years' games software development experience
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (e.g. Razer, PIX, Renderdoc, Nvidia Tools)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
Must be eligible to work in Australia (we are not able to sponsor working visas).
We are looking to diversify our core team and are particularly interested in applicants from under-represented groups such as women and members of the LGBTQI community.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter attached, and include the words 'General April 2021' in the subject line of your email.