Authored byTantalus Media
Authored onTuesday, 14 September, 2021 - 10:34 AM
Hey everyone, Tantalus is currently looking for Mid Level Programmers. Join a stable and secure company that has been creating games for nearly 30 years. Work with some of the biggest names in publishing on very high profile titles. Remuneration is competitive and is based around level of experience.
- Work closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement next-generation games
- Implementing, optimizing, and maintaining game systems
- Modify, enhance, and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Follow Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assist and mentor other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Must be able to demonstrable a high proficiency in C++ (examples of code needed)
- At least 3 years game industry experience
- Have completed a commercial project
- Good familiarity with game engine architectures
- Familiarity with source control
- Write clear, robust, maintainable code
- Demonstrated accurate scheduling ability
- Naturally work as part of a team
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- A degree or higher level tertiary qualification in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics. Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
- Windows 10 and/or Console development experience
- Some familiarity with assembler dialects (e.g. X86, ARM)
- Some familiarity with shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (e.g. Razer, PIX, Renderdoc, Nvidia Tools)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
Must be eligible to work in Australia (we cannot sponsor working visas).
We are looking to diversify our core team and are particularly interested in applicants from unrepresented groups.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter attached, and include the words 'Mid Level September 2021' in the subject line of your email.