Grinding Gear Games is expanding and we seek an Art Outsource Coordinator to join us at our studio in Henderson, Auckland.
You will work closely with internal art leads to maintain and communicate feedback to external partners and studios. This role requires someone with great communication skills both written and verbal.
Because of the nature of the role you must know your way around Autodesk Maya and texturing packages like Substance Painter.
- Good knowledge of 3D assets creation for games, related to modelling, efficient unwrapping and deformation.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Understanding 3D fundamentals.
- Knowing the difference between Specular/Gloss and Metal Rough PBR workflows.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements.
- Examples demonstrating knowledge/experience in any of the above points.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- An avid gamer with a deep understanding of our game, Path of Exile.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA/Diploma in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
Who/How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are already legally permitted to work in New Zealand, OR if you’re a citizen or permanent resident of Australia willing to relocate to Auckland when travel restrictions ease.
Email us a cover letter and your CV with link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant). Send your email to email@example.com with your name + role you are applying for in the subject line.