Authored onTuesday, 8 March, 2022 - 11:41 PM
Mid to Senior
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking talented 3D Animators to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have many years animation experience and a reel to back it up. They will like working in a team environment, be able to self-manage tasks, and be passionate about video games!
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Proficiency in Maya
- A thorough understanding of weight, motion, balance and physical form for both animate and inanimate objects
- Strong understanding of animation principles in traditional and digital techniques
- Experience with keyframe animation
- Experience cleaning and polishing motion capture performances
- Strong sense of posing and timing
- Ability to craft creative solutions to situations as they occur
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments (design, engineering, production, QA, publishing)
- A passion for video games with a good knowledge of different game genres
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities
- Taking direction from the Animation Lead or Head of 3D
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to meet deadlines and ensure a high level of quality
- Solicits peer review for initial feedback when appropriate
- Seeks approval of personal task time estimates
- Able to reliably meet production deadlines with a high degree of quality
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field
Nice to Have
- Rigging & Skin weighting skills a bonus
- In-depth knowledge of FK/IK systems
- Experience with facial animation/motion capture
- Experience with Faceware Retargeter & Analyzer
- Scripting in Python
- Experience in game development
- Experience with Unity or Unreal
- Proficient with basic functionality of source control, and task tracking
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (Artstation, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.