About the role:
Permanent full-time on-site in Wellington, NZ – 40 hours per week – $60k-$85k+ based on experience. Due to Covid-19 travel and immigration restrictions, applicants must currently be living in New Zealand or have a valid work visa.
We’re Dinosaur Polo Club, an award-winning video game design studio full of lovely people making games in Wellington, New Zealand. Growing in size, we are on the look-out for an enthusiastic Associate Producer. This person will be instrumental in supporting our games and team members as we continue to develop our critically acclaimed games Mini Metro and Mini Motorways, and future titles. Hopefully that person is you!
We’re looking for someone with a base of knowledge who’s ready to learn more. Ideally you’ll already have at least one year of professional experience working in a production or project management role in video games, or a parallel industry. In this role, you’ll be responsible for assisting our production team in keeping projects on track, and supporting your fellow team members to meet goals in a smooth and efficient way! Positive and proactive in nature with great organisational skills, you will be someone who wants to help us nurture a friendly and communicative environment where everyone on our team can find their best work rhythm and thrive.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Be a part of both the department and studio teams, actively seeking to develop a method of communication that is adaptable to different personality types and understandable to those outside of your immediate department;
- Work with our production department and project teams to manage the prioritisation and timelines of tasks throughout the development cycle of a project;
- Assist with the facilitation of regular project meetings such as team standups, sprint reviews, retros and planning sessions;
- Use industry-standard project management tools to track and manage tasks and bugs, including tools such as Monday, Jira, Miro and Google Suite;
- Work alongside our team leads to ensure quality is maintained at the highest standard across the board;
- Work with our production department to help identify and facilitate improvements in processes and workflows;
- Team up with our community management and QA departments to coordinate beta builds, bug tracking, and our player support processes;
- Assist in the release of project updates, including updating release information on various platforms;
- Help coordinate with external partners, such as our localisation and player support partners.
- At least 1 year’s professional experience working in a production or project management role in video games, or a parallel industry (e.g. film or tech);
- Fantastic organisational skills, and a high level of initiative;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English;
- An interest in developing unique and high-quality video games;
- Dedication to working in a professional, inclusive, and supportive environment.
At Dinosaur Polo Club we value a healthy work-life balance where our dinos can flourish both inside and outside of the studio. We have a creative team, opportunities for growth, and a wholesome, supportive studio environment.
We value diversity and believe that our team should be as varied and wonderful as the people who play our games all around the world. Differences such as disabilities, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity and any other aspects of various cultures and identities are important perspectives that contribute to an inclusive, well-rounded, and engaging work environment. We know we’re creating better games when we have varied perspectives and experiences contributing to them. Women, LGBTQ+ community, Māori and Pasifika – we want to hear from you!
If there is anything we can do to allow for easier participation in the interview process, please let us know at email@example.com.
What we can offer you:
- A lovely bunch of skilled and enthusiastic team members for you to work alongside.
- Generous training allowance for things such as conferences, workshops, online courses and self-directed learning.
- Dedicated training days.
- Support structure including regular one-on-ones.
- Team events such as regular social activities, quarterly pot-luck lunch, movie nights at the studio, holiday functions and more.
- Healthy snacks, yummy treats and close proximity to some of Wellington’s best eateries! Plus an impressive array of locally made tea and coffee.
- Quarterly personal discretionary wellness allowance.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- Monthly workplace massages.
- Flexible workplace with core hours and optional work-from-home days.
If this strikes you as an exciting opportunity, reach out to us! Flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include within it a CV and a cover letter outlining why you feel this would be the role for you. This position is permanent, full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.