Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onThursday, 14 April, 2022 - 9:32 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile development team.
We are seeking a UI Artist to create intuitive and compelling front-end elements for Path of Exile and the Path of Exile website. You will create in-game interface elements from concept to implementation, maintaining a consistent aesthetic across the game’s UI and related mediums such as trailers and web.
Our ideal candidate has both a broad and deep understanding of UI/UX (especially in games) and is familiar with our game Path of Exile and its themes.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Henderson, Auckland
- A minimum 1 year of UI work for games, or 2 years of work experience in a related field (website/app design, concept art or illustration).
- An eye for lighting, color, proportions and detail.
- Proactive, curious and able to research and learn new tools quickly.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Proficiency in Adobe PhotoShop.
- An interest in dark fantasy art styles and subject matter.
- Deep understanding of our game, Path of Exile.
Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete a brief art test if requested to do so.
Who can apply
New Zealand and Australian citizens and permanent residents.
How to apply
Email us a cover letter and your CV with link/s to your portfolio. Send your email to email@example.com with your name + role you are applying for in the subject line.