Authored byNot Doppler
Authored onTuesday, 28 June, 2022 - 2:39 PM
Not Doppler is approaching Global Launch on two new ambitious titles, and we’re looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our growing team.
This role will be for our Earn to Die team, which is working on a roguelite spin-off to the franchise. Previous titles in the franchise have exceeded 150m downloads, and we have big ambitions for this new installment and beyond!
Whilst our studio is based in Sydney, Australia – this role is open to candidates both in Sydney, or globally remote within a 4-hour timezone-difference of Sydney. If relocation is of interest, we are also happy to offer relocation assistance. Highly competitive remuneration available based on experience.
About Not Doppler:
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 55 million downloads to-date. We have a strong focus on developing and publishing original IP for mobile, with new projects in the pipeline.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
- Oversee all aspects of game design on the project, helping maintain the design vision for the game.
- Provide mentorship and upskilling of Junior and Mid-Level Game Designers
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design, iterate and execute ideas from concept to delivery, across gameplay and metagame systems
- Work with design tools to create compelling level-design appropriate to the aesthetic and feel of the game
- Dive into core systems and balance with an understanding and respect for the player's experience while keeping the project goals and shared creative vision in mind
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive to feedback from user testing, team members and stakeholders
- Articulate concepts in a clear and unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Collaborate with the Product and Design teams on the design and implementation of LiveOps features and events
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least one shipped free-to-play title
- A strong understanding of the mobile market, and in particular, free-to-play games
- Expertise with Unity or other game engines
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software
- Experience with Photoshop or similar 2D editing software
- Adequate math skills for game development
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to jobs [at] notdoppler.com. We’d also love to hear what your favourite mobile game is, and why?
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close once position is filled