Authored onThursday, 2 June, 2022 - 12:40 AM
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking talented UX/UI Designers to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a professional creative environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite & Figma
- Strong artistic, design and layout skills
- Knowledge of principles of design, color and animation
- Flexibility & versatility when it comes to different types of styles and directions
- Excellent attention to detail and creative flair
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments (design, engineering, production, QA, publishing)
- A passion for video games with a good knowledge of different game genres
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities
- Create & revise screen layouts and wireframes as directed by the project leads
- Follow workflow pipelines and organise assets according to established guidelines
- Responsible for understanding and following updates on documents and processes in the area of specialisation
- Provide accurate time estimates for implementing effects once concepts approved
- Solicits peer review for initial feedback when appropriate
- Proficient with basic functionality of source control, and task tracking
- Able to reliably meet production deadlines with a high degree of quality
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field
Nice to Have
- Experience in game development
- Experience in Web Design
- Experience with Motion Graphics
- Experience with Blender or Maya
- Experience with Unity or Unreal
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “UX/UI Designer Application - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio/ArtStation.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.