Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onTuesday, 19 July, 2022 - 9:01 AM
Fresh from our recent acquisition by Keywords Studios Australia, we are scouring the skies across Australia and beyond for a well-seasoned Project Manager to join us!
At Wicked Witch you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games, whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world. With almost 20 years of game dev experience, we have releases on all major platforms.
As part of our expansion, we are looking for a well organised and highly knowledgeable Project Manager that specialises in this field. In this role, working with the Project Leader and Producer, you’ll establish and oversee the project planning and execution process across multiple game projects.
You’ll join a multidisciplinary production team and work with a game development team to ensure high quality products are delivered on time and on budget.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Producer / Project Leader to establish and execute the most appropriate project management process for the project.
- Developing, building, and maintaining a viable development plan for multiple projects, including the resource plan and project schedule.
- Building and maintaining the backlog, and active sprints features and tasks.
- Verifying the accuracy of feature and task time, resource estimates and that resource levels and feature scope are in alignment.
- Ensuring there is adequate design material to accurately estimate feature, task, and resource scope.
- Work with the development team to flag features and tasks that are difficult to accurately time estimate without additional technical research or design material.
- Manage and organise dependencies in the project plan.
- Ensuring that Jira feature and Confluence content links are up to date.
- Participating in sprint planning meetings with the Producer / Project Leader to update and verify sprint success. Plan and ensure the viability of the next sprint. Post-mortem features or tasks that significantly overrun.
- Work with the development team to monitor and update progress of features and tickets during every sprint, flagging issues to the Producer / Project Leader at the earliest time.
- Support the Producer / Project Leader in liaising with the Publisher and Executive Producer to provide accurate progress and status updates.
- Working with the Producer / Project Leader to ensure a project is delivered to the publisher’s specification, on time and on budget.
- Working with the Producer / Project Leader to prioritize project features and refactor the order of work where required.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the latest approaches to Project Management.
As a successful candidate you would have:
- Exceptional project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A well-balanced team player with an emotional maturity that is solution orientated.
- An excellent knowledge of agile, waterfall, hybrid and emerging development methodologies.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to naturally work with and relate to Development Managers, Designers, Programmers, Artists & QA.
- The ability to communicate clearly to the team and publishing representatives.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager in game development or other software development industry.
As a Bonus you would have:
- 5+ years' games software development (or similar industry) experience.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and Jira plugins such as Structure.Gantt.
- A good Knowledge or interest in LEAN and SAFe.
- Have a technical background with experience working with unreal engine based games.
- Worked on previous AAA games.
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Genuine flexible working
- Best of Both Worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of game developers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia (we are not able to sponsor working visas)