- Why work for one publisher when you can work with many?
- Work on diverse and challenging projects with a highly regarded team!
Founded in 2001, Wicked Workshop formerly Wicked Witch is a leading game developer based in Melbourne, Australia.
With a long history of technical excellence and a passion for art and game design, the team continue to deliver at the highest level, working with some of the world’s most prominent publishers across both console and PC.
From humble beginnings, the studio has evolved and grown over the years supporting the local Australian game market working on the AFL and Rugby Sports franchises, developing the hit mobile game Catapult King and delivering Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.
Since acquisition by Keywords Studios in 2021, we are undergoing exciting growth as we gear up exclusively for AAA game development across various platforms including PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and PC.
Wicked Workshop and Keywords Studios strive towards a diverse and inclusive work environment. We support and encourage under represented groups, gender and neural diverse candidates to apply.
We're looking for several experienced Game Programmers who are eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Wicked Workshop business is renowned for across the globe.
You will join our growing team of developers and work on building various game features within Wicked Workshop.
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement game features using C++
- Testing, debugging, refining, optimising and maintaining game functionality on console and PC platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Wicked-Witch standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
- Excellent programming skills in C++ with seven years or more experience
- Unreal Engine, Custom Engine experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in at least one game related discipline (e.g., 3D Maths, AI, Physics, UI, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality
- Ability to ramp up quickly with unfamiliar code bases or technical skills.
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry