Authored onMonday, 29 August, 2022 - 2:04 PM
Blowfish Studios is looking for talented 3D Artists to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional game development environment
- Proficiency with Maya or Blender, Substance Suite and Photoshop
- Experience and skills with 3D modelling, UVing, texturing and asset optimisation; to create amazing game ready assets
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic 3D principles, real-time concepts & PBR workflows
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments (design, engineering, production, QA, publishing)
- A passion for video games with a good knowledge of different game genres
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities
- Produce art assets as directed by an Art Lead or an Art Director on any of a variety of production tasks in the artist field of specialisation
- Follow workflow pipelines and organise assets according to established guidelines
- Responsible for understanding and following updates on documents and processes in the area of specialisation
- Seeks approval of personal task time estimates
- Solicits peer review for initial feedback on art assets when appropriate
- Proficient with basic functionality of source control, and task tracking
- Can be relied upon by leads to meet production task times with an acceptable quality level
- Understands the importance of and accurately employs established asset organizational structures and naming conventions
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field
Nice to Have
- Experience in game development
- Scripting in Python
- Experience with ZBrush or Houdini
- Experience with Unity or Unreal
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “3D Artist Application - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio/ArtStation is a must.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.