Authored onMonday, 29 August, 2022 - 2:08 PM
Mid to Senior
Blowfish Studios is seeking talented Hard Surface 3D Modellers to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
- Over 3 years working in the 3D industry
- Ability to model hard surface to a high standard
- Proficiency with Maya or Blender
- UV models to a high standard
- Ability to create game ready assets
- Can optimise and create LOD iterations
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities
- Produce assets as directed by a Lead or Head of 3D
- Follow workflow pipelines and organise assets according to established guidelines
- Keeps models clean and free from errors that can cause problems down the pipeline
- Seeks approval of personal task time estimates
- Solicits peer review for feedback on 3d assets when appropriate
- Proficient with basic functionality of source control, and task tracking
- Can be relied upon by leads to meet production task times with an acceptable quality level
- Understands the importance of and accurately employs established asset organisational structures and naming conventions
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field
Nice to Have
- Ability to sculpt organic models to a high detail level
- Surfacing ability
- Experience in game development
- Experience modelling with Houdini
- Team leading ability
- Experience with Unreal/Unity
- Scripting ability
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with the Subject “3D Modeller Application - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio/ArtStation is a must.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.