Authored onTuesday, 30 August, 2022 - 11:03 AM
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in Sydney and working from home, remote positions may be considered depending on the applicant.
Blowfish Studios is expanding its studio and we're seeking Senior Unreal C++ Programmers to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms, and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years work experience in the video game industry, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain tools and gameplay systems for different titles
- Contribute to system architecture in a networked multiplayer environment
- Write and debug performant, easy to read C++ code.
- Assist and mentor junior and mid-level programmers
- Help to reinforce teamwork and a healthy studio culture
- Work in a team, and to incorporate feedback from peers
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Very good knowledge of the Unreal game engine 4/5
- Previous experience on an Unreal Engine title
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments
- Optimising & profiling games in Unreal
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Been an expert in one particular area of game development (e.g. physics, rendering, Consoles)
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Good knowledge of a secondary language: C# or Java
- Experience using git preferably, or some source control software
- Self-motivated and proactive
Working hours: 38 hours per week
If you think you are a good fit for the role and can work confidently, please send your latest CV with relevant documents (recent work/portfolio (GitHub, etc.) to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 / Year + Super
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.