Authored onWednesday, 3 August, 2022 - 1:30 PM
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking a talented Game Designer to join the team! You can look forward to working with a team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience, work well in a team environment, be able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
You will be involved with every aspect of the game making process, from designing systems and mechanics, to creating challenging and innovative gameplay that enhances the core mechanics.
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and is ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in Sydney and working from home, remote positions will be considered depending on the applicant.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years of game design experience.
- Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped title.
- Clear examples of content creation skills.
- Proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game development cycle.
- Experience overcoming the obstacles that come up during game development with flexible and adaptive thinking.
- Ability to research, design for, understand, and be passionate about a variety of player types in the NFT space including casual, core, play to earn etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to balance priorities when working on multiple projects.
- Experience in either Unreal or Unity.
- Take the vision of the Creative Director/Lead Designer and guide the design and implementation of features and game systems.
- Work collaboratively with team members (both on-site and remote) to create, maintain and review GDDs, functional specification designs, design templates, UX/UI wireframes, and prototypes.
- Be able to clearly express the goals of your designs and explain the details in a variety of forms: written design, visual design, or prototypes.
- Collaborate across disciplines, including engineering, design, narrative, and art to help realise high quality gameplay experiences.
- Analyse an idea or concept and explain the consequences on other parts of the game.
- Develop and utilise player analytics and data-gathering methods for game balancing and projection.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from peers and testers.
- Be a source of collaboration and feedback to the other designers on the team.
- Run meetings and brainstorming sessions to present your ideas to the team.
Nice to Have
- Game Economy design or a deep love of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the NFT game sector.
- Experience on 3rd Person combat games
- Experience with both Unreal and Unity.
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (Artstation, GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.