Authored byGrease Monkey Games
Authored onMonday, 29 August, 2022 - 10:26 AM
Grease Monkey Games is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the team to help promote our motorsport titles. You will lead a team to build and distribute creative content for an exciting new motorsport title with blockchain functionality currently being developed by Grease Monkey Games.
Working onsite in our beautiful studio in Brunswick, Melbourne is preferable, although we will consider interstate or international applications for the right applicant.
Travel interstate and overseas may also be required for events and conferences such as Motorsport events and GDC.
Before applying for this position, please take a moment to check out our current Torque Drift social media channels and have a play of Torque Drift on the app store or on PC to see what we’re all about!
- Take the vision of the Product Owner and key stakeholders and guide the design and implementation of large features or small projects.
- Work collaboratively with team members (both on-site and remote) to create, maintain and review GDDs, functional specification designs, design templates, UX/UI wireframes, and prototypes.
- Be able to clearly express the goals of your designs and explain the details in a variety of forms: written design, visual design, or prototypes.
- Mentor and support other designers on the team and improve their work.
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, systems and features to execute the game vision.
- Collaborate across disciplines, including engineering, marketing, narrative, and art to help realise high quality experiences.
- Analyse an idea or concept and explain the consequences on other parts of the game.
- Develop and utilise player analytics and data-gathering methods for game balancing and projection.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from peers and testers.
- Run meetings and brainstorming sessions to present your ideas to the team.
- Balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetization
- Work with development team to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality
- Proactive, enthusiastic team player comfortable working within a fast moving, multi- disciplinary team in a lead role.
- 5+ years of experience in game design
- Designed and developed major game systems for large games or driven the entire design on smaller projects.
- Taken systems and mechanics from conception to completion multiple times.
- Proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game development cycle.
- Experience overcoming the obstacles that come up during game development with flexible and adaptive thinking.
- Be able to deliver a clear vision of what’s intended and a deep understanding of its goals. Be the translator when different departments collide.
- Ability to research, design for, understand, and be passionate about a variety of player types in the NFT space including casual, core, play to earn etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills across varied contexts: in person vs. teleconferencing, design brainstorming vs. presenting ideas to the team, etc.
- Be able to balance priorities when working on multiple projects.
Deep experience in Unreal engine.
Worked on or been involved with blockchain products/NFTs.
Negotiable based on experience
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with "Senior Game Designer" in the subject line.
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.