Authored byTantalus Media
Authored onWednesday, 3 August, 2022 - 2:10 PM
The Tantalus Media business is expanding and are looking to build a team in Adelaide. With several AAA titles from some of the world’s best publishers in the pipeline, we're looking for a Senior Producer who is eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Tantalus business is renowned for across the globe.
Tantalus Media forms part of the Keywords Studios group, one of the world’s biggest “go-to” providers of technical services across the games industry with 70+ studios across 23 countries.
With over 100 games under our belt, including franchises such as Age of Empires, The Legend of Zelda, Cities Skylines, Sonic Mania and Mass Effect (just to name a few), we’re only now scratching the surface of our team’s potential.
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement game features using C++ and/or Lua to a project schedule
- Testing, debugging, refining, optimising and maintaining game functionality on console and PC platforms
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Excellent programming skills in a strongly-typed language such as C, C++, or C#
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong skills in at least one game related discipline (e.g. 3D Maths, AI, Physics, UI, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality
- Ability to ramp up quickly with unfamiliar code bases or technical skills.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- 5+ years' professional software development experience
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
- Ability to quickly ramp up on unfamiliar code bases or technical skills
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- This role will initially be working remotely (working from home) with the intention of building the team and moving into a office (within Adelaide CBD) in the near future
- Best of Both Worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of programmers and work with from some of the best in the industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity.
If you would like to become part of an innovative company which promotes an exciting, supportive and inclusive culture, send your resume and your covering letter via the ‘Apply’ button.