Authored byTantalus Media
Authored onWednesday, 3 August, 2022 - 2:07 PM
The Tantalus Media business is expanding and are looking to build roots in Adelaide. With several AAA titles from some of the world’s best publishers in the pipeline, we're looking for a Senior Producer who is eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Tantalus business is renowned for across the globe.
Tantalus Media forms part of the Keywords Studios group, one of the world’s biggest “go-to” providers of technical services across the games industry with 70+ studios across 23 countries.
With over 100 games under our belt, including franchises such as Age of Empires, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Cities Skylines, Sonic Mania and Mass Effect (just to name a few), we’re only now scratching the surface of our team’s potential.
- We're looking for a Technical Game Designer with a creative mind and strong technical understanding of gameplay implementation and the development process
- A person eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our business is renowned for across the globe
- You will join our growing team of developers and work on building various game features under the Keywords Studio Australia portfolios
- Become part of our vibrant and collaborative team
- The role will initially be based remote reporting to the Adelaide Head of Studio until the establishment of the Adelaide studio premises is completed
- Working closely with producers, programmers and artists to design and implement game features and gameplay
- System design, game mechanics design and implementation, UI and UX design as well as economy, difficulty and general gameplay balancing
- Working with QA and the programming team to understand and resolve technical and creative issues
- Bridging the gap between the Code & Design departments, understanding and communicating the creative reasons and technical challenges of features and decisions
- Following Keywords' standards and best practices
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- A proven history of the ability to work with all parts of either Unity or Unreal engines (preferably both)
- A basic to intermediate understanding of coding languages such as C, C++, or C#
- Strong skills in systems, mechanics, UI/UX, difficulty, economy and general gameplay design and balancing
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clear documentation
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality
- A bias towards action and decisions to allow for rapid iteration
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Until we find our official home (will be within Adelaide CBD) this role will initially be based wfh
- Best of Both Worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of producers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity.
If you would like to become part of an innovative company which promotes an exciting, supportive and inclusive culture, send your resume and your covering letter via the ‘Apply’ button.