Authored onThursday, 8 September, 2022 - 10:45 AM
Mid to Senior
Blowfish Studios is looking for talented 3D Surfacers / Look Dev artists to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
- Over 3 years working in the 3D industry
- Surface characters/creatures to a high standard
- Surface assets to a high level
- Proficiency with Mari or Substance Painter
- Ability to unwrap and pack UV’s
- Ability to create game ready assets in engine (Unreal/Unity)
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities
- Produce assets as directed by a Lead or Head of 3D
- Follow workflow pipelines and organise assets according to established guidelines
- Seeks approval of personal task time estimates
- Solicits peer review for feedback on 3d assets when appropriate
- Proficient with basic functionality of source control, and task tracking
- Can be relied upon by leads to meet production task times with an acceptable quality level
- Understands the importance of and accurately employs established asset organisational structures and naming conventions
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field
Nice to Have
- Ability to model
- Substance Designer proficiency
- Mari proficiency
- Experience in game development
- Experience modelling with Houdini
- Team leading ability
- Experience with Unreal/Unity
- Can create procedural materials/shaders
- Scripting ability
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “3D Surfacer Application - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio/ArtStation is a must.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.