Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onMonday, 5 September, 2022 - 9:11 AM
Creating games since 2001, Wicked Witch has now joined forces with the global might of Keywords Studios. Our growing client list include Microsoft, Riot Games, Warner Bros and 2K.
At Wicked Witch you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games,
whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world.
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 70+ studios located across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization, and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue-chip client base in more than 21 countries.
In early 2021, the Keywords business expanded their global operations across the pacific to the Australian market where we currently employee 160+ staff across Melbourne, Brisbane and now Adelaide.
- We're looking for several experienced Game Programmers who are eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Wicked Witch business is renowned for across the globe.
- You will join our growing team of developers and work on building various game features within Wicked Witch
- Become part of our vibrant and collaborative team
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement game features using C++
- Testing, debugging, refining, optimising and maintaining game functionality on console and PC platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Wicked-Witch standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent programming skills in a strongly typed language such as C, C++, or C#
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in at least one game related discipline (e.g., 3D Maths, AI, Physics, UI, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality
- Ability to ramp up quickly with unfamiliar code bases or technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- 2 years' professional software development experience
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine or Unity
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- We offer flexible working arrangement
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of programmers and learn from some of the best in the industry