Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onMonday, 5 September, 2022 - 9:15 AM
Creating games since 2001, Wicked Witch has now joined forces with the global might of Keywords Studios. Our growing client list include Microsoft, Riot Games, Warner Bros and 2K.
At Wicked Witch you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games,
whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world.
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 70+ studios located across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization, and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue-chip client base in more than 21 countries.
In early 2021, the Keywords business expanded their global operations across the pacific to the Australian market where we currently employee 160+ staff across Melbourne, Brisbane and now Adelaide.
As part of part of our expansion, we are looking for a talented Junior or Mid-level Animator to help bring our characters to life.
Working closely with a multidisciplined team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of next generation games for console and PC.
- Work with the Animation Lead and team to develop the visual direction for animation
- Plan and produce quality keyframed or motion capture animation for gameplay, cutscenes and cinematics
- Successfully convey physicality, emotion and motivations through character animation
- Implement and test animations in-engine, and resolve any visual or functional issues
- Respond well to feedback and iterate as needed to reach the required level of polish
- Give considered and constructive feedback to other team members
- Actively participate in discussions, creative brainstorms, troubleshooting
- Share learnings and helpful workflows
- Communicate any concerns or blockers and work towards resolving them
- Work collaboratively with technical artists – assisting with testing rigs and pipeline to ensure they are production ready
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Contribute towards a positive and supportive company culture
- Industry experience or training with an animation focus
- Have excellent understanding of body mechanics and animation fundamentals
- Previous experience with implementing core gameplay systems and mechanics (*highly regarded)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Knowledge of industry tools like - Maya, 3DS Max
- Ability to adapt to new tools and technology
- Demonstrate ability to animate in a variety of styles from realistic to stylised
- Proficiency in facial animation, cinematic framing and camera animation
- Ability to animate quadrupeds and creatures
- Production experience with motion capture and Motion Builder
- Experience working with particles and creating in-game VFX
- Experience in AAA game development
- Knowledge of rigging or other adjacent disciplines such as character modelling
- Scripting skills (MEL, MaxScript, Python)
- Current development experience with Unity, UE4 or UE5
- Traditional art / drawing / painting / photography skills
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekly catered lunches
- We offer a range of flexible working arrangements including - Full-time, compressed week, hybrid and remote.
- Employment Hero benefits and discounts
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of next generation games and collaborate with some of the best in the industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Applications must include a link to your animation reel. If the reel includes mixed contributions, please provide a timecoded breakdown.