Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onMonday, 5 September, 2022 - 9:09 AM
Creating games since 2001, Wicked Witch has now joined forces with the global might of Keywords Studios. Our growing client list include Microsoft, Riot Games, Warner Bros and 2K.
At Wicked Witch you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games,
whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world.
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 70+ studios located across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization, and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue-chip client base in more than 21 countries.
In early 2021, the Keywords business expanded their global operations across the pacific to the Australian market where we currently employee 160+ staff across Melbourne, Brisbane and now Adelaide.
As part of our expansion, we are seeking Technical Artists of all experience levels - from graduates to seasoned professionals.
As a Technical Artist, your role is to provide support to content production teams by building and delivering key tools, pipelines and workflows to enable effective creation and implementation of visual content.
- Act as a bridge between art and engineering, liaising with both disciplines to facilitate communications and development of solutions.
- Support art content production by advancing art pipelines, workflows and methodologies
- Develop tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
- Assist with asset optimisation, integration, performance profiling and validation
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to maintain and further improve on project / studio tools and workflows
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Proactively identify problems and propose solutions
- Research and explore new technologies and techniques and keep up-to-date with the latest trends in game development
- Share learnings and best practices, workflows and new tools to the wider team
- Be available for technical support for the art team
- Actively demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Contribute towards a positive and supportive company culture
- Feature Film or Games Industry experience (for mid and senior levels)
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and adapt to change
- Artistic eye and solid understanding of art or animation pipelines
Proficiency in scripting and coding in one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of industry DCC packages - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
- Skills and interest in one or more areas:
- Shader development
- Character rigging
- Pipeline and tool development
- Procedural asset generation
- VFX / Particles
- Real-time physics simulations
- Real-time rendering and post-effects
- Asset optimisation and performance profiling
- Experience in AAA game development
- Experience in art content creation
- Current development experience with Unity, UE4 or UE5
- Familiarity with Maya API
- Experience with Houdini and Substance Designer
- Experience with console development – Nintendo Switch, PlayStation and XBox
- Traditional art / drawing / painting / photography skills
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekly catered lunches
- We offer a range of flexible working arrangements including - Full-time, compressed week, hybrid and remote.
- Employment Hero benefits and discounts
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of next generation games and collaborate with some of the best in the industry