Mid ~ Senior
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking talented UI Designers to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will be a highly driven and talented UI artist with a strong eye for detail and an enhanced desire for consistency.
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
- Using your graphic design and art skills skills to develop and support the interactive design and experience of our games.
- Work closely with developers and game designers, artists and engineers to create interfaces.
- Integrate design elements such as fonts, colours, graphics, menus, user buttons and images.
- Create wireframes, concept sketches, moodboards, design concepts, prototypes, icons and final art assets based on internal briefs and/or technical specifications.
- Utilise skills and experience to enhance the user process and to incorporate calls to action
- Optimising the visual styling of websites, and apps, focusing on the need to engage players and improve their experience.
- Understanding and developing UI design systems and developing in-game style guides
- Understand how digital and physical experiences blend together.
- Evolve rough ideas into pixel-perfect userflows
- At least 5+ Years Professional Experience working as a UI designer (interest in UX)
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio with proven UI experience displaying an understanding of general design principle and branding
- Proficiency in Abobe Suite & Figma (After Effects is a bonus. Unity is a superbonus)
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Someone who works well within a team but can also work independently to solve challenges
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “UI Designer Application - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio/ArtStation.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.