Authored onThursday, 17 November, 2022 - 5:14 PM
Mid ~ Senior Level
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking a talented Game Economy Designer to join the team! You can look forward to working with a team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience, work well in a team environment, be able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
You will be involved with every aspect of the game making process, from designing systems and mechanics, to creating challenging and innovative gameplay that enhances the core mechanics.
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and is ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in economy design: 3 years +
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Art and Programming departments
- Experience tuning game economies for FTUE and game tutorials
- Ability to work methodically and using predictive and iterative models
- Experience in F2P or mobile monetization and balancing
- Experience in, or deep understanding of, Machinations.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, capable of working autonomously and energetic
- Ability to create effective game economies that fit our client’s vision and provide solutions that match industry standards
- Ability to create economic game systems for a wide variety of game genres and for a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Game Theory and Game Design
- Create clean and structured sheets that make the necessary values easily available to developers and fellow designers
- Design and balance game systems core to the game economy
- Ability to create effective and well-documented sheets
- Strong mathematical skills, with emphasis on Statistics and Probability; being able to formulate indexes to identify strengths and weaknesses of the economy design in the game
- Perform in-engine balancing, tweaking and polishing tasks related to economy design
- Work within a multidisciplinary team towards shared goals
- Estimate, prioritize and coordinate economy design activities
- Coach teammates in economy design tasks
- Communicate and cooperate with Customers and other Stakeholders
- Participate in different Design Department activities to collaborate and coordinate with fellow game designers
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working on games from pre-production to release and LiveOps
- Experience in other fields of game design, such as game mechanics, level design, game narrative
- Experience working with Unity and Unreal game engines
- Basic scripting skills to adjust features created by developers
- Experience developing for PC and console platforms
- Knowledge of NFT Game Design
- Experience in developing sandbox games
- Experience in developing big open world games
- Experience with mobile and WebGL games
Experience with play to earn concepts
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (Artstation, GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.