Authored byMighty Eyes
Authored onWednesday, 23 November, 2022 - 12:44 PM
The developers of Wanderer - an award-winning virtual reality adventure game - are supercharging the studio and are looking for a talented VFX artist to join the team in beautiful and vibrant Auckland (NZ) for a minimum 24 month duration.
Our ideal candidate has a great understanding of Unreal Engine’s effects systems, is experienced with optimized visual pipelines and a keen eye for color and lighting. If you love working in a fun and collaborative environment, come join our team and help make truly exciting VR games come to life.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Create Visual Effects in Unreal Engine 5 that seamlessly extend gameplay.
- Create 2D/3D effects that fit the visual requirements of the project at hand.
- Tweaking and improving old VFX assets when needed.
- Research and document processes and pipelines for visual effects.
- Decent knowledge of Unreal Engine (VFX tools - Niagara, Cascade) and excellent proficiency in and blueprinting.
- Understanding of art pipelines for PC, console and mobile.
- Good understanding of rendering pipelines and optimization methods within Unreal Engine.
- Solid understanding of shaders and material expressions.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience with preferred applications to aid creation of VFX for UE5.
Nice to haves:
- C++ Experience
- 1 or more shipped titles and/or credits.
- 2+ years of games industry experience.
- Prior experience with Virtual Reality.
- Experience with Houdini.
What you can expect during your time with us:
- Partial relocation costs for overseas applicants.
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities.
- Guidance and support for your career with regular check ins and allowance for open and honest feedback and communication.
- Regular social and team events across a range of activities that members of the team take turns deciding on including game nights, dinners, activities and other adventures.
- Annual internal office wide game jams.
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- Monday baking and team birthdays (the lemon cake is a team favourite).
- An easy to get to office, and central location.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range - we’re looking at you, women, LGBTQ+ community, Maori, Pasifika, and all typically under-represented groups.
If you like the sound of this role, and the games we’re making, please apply via our Seek link: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/59286996
Please apply with your CV, Cover Letter and if applicable a Portfolio/Game Credits.