Authored onFriday, 6 January, 2023 - 4:35 PM
Blowfish Studios is looking for talented Lighting artists to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
- Work with game designers, Environment Artists and FX Artists to provide lighting for in game/engine.
- Generate visually stunning creative solutions that are within memory and performance guidelines
- Solve technical issues that arise with tools, process or game performance
- Help to maintain standards for physically correct lighting across teams and studios
- Find and create content to allow high quality lighting (eg. HDRI panoramas and materials).
- Provide mentorship to other team members in specific areas of expertise
- Ability to solve complex lighting problems at scale
- Ability to understand technical constraints
- Ability to manage their own time within deadlines
- Support high-quality AAA lighting, art direction, and gameplay objectives
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule.
- At least 3 years of experience in the role of Lighting Artist
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity, or similar game engine
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and be proactive
- Great with time estimations, assessments and prioritizing
- Strong understanding of how physically based rendering systems and lighting interact.
- Excellent foundational skills, including composition, shadow and light, design, structure, silhouette, and colour theory.
- Well-developed skills on using post-process to improve and adjust visuals.
- Excellent understanding of the environment art pipeline, dependencies, and overall scope of the project.
- Ability to find creative solutions for technically challenging tasks.
Nice To Have
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation
- Expert levels of lighting and color theory
- Advanced understanding of UE5 lighting techniques and performance guidelines
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Lighting - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio/ArtStation is a must.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.