Authored byEnabler Interactive
Authored onThursday, 5 January, 2023 - 4:30 PM
Position: Full-time 8-month contract, with option for renewal
Salary: $80K p.a. + Super
Start date: Feb 2023
Enabler is a profit-for-purpose company creating engaging training for disability and aged care workers by combining the benefits of serious games, 3D simulation technology and scenario-based learning. We are leading the movement for relevant, practical training that makes a real impact on workers and people with disability.
We are a small multidisciplinary team working collaboratively with service users, subject matter experts and industry stakeholders in the creation of our content.
We are seeking a Mid-Level Unity Developer with level design and scripting experience to implement designs within a custom in-house Unity framework. Day-to-day tasks include level layout, scripting, interaction setup, logic flow, cutscene scripting, and acceptance testing. You will be onboarded by the Lead Software Engineer, trained on the current system, and be responsible for performing tasks and providing time estimates.
The role is a remote role. You must have your own equipment. Australian location is preferred but not essential (you must be an Australian citizen or have an Australian work permit). Flexible working hours are available provided you can participate in digital meetings and meet deadlines during local business hours (AEST).
This is a full-time position on contract for 8 months, with the option for ongoing renewal.
- You are able to work independently to make smart solutions that fit our needs
- You can work cooperatively as part of a diverse and high-functioning team
- You are open to feedback and the collaborative processes
- You can take direction from designers and managers to implement, review and revise your scenarios
- You are passionate about using your skills to drive positive social change
- You have a strong work ethic
- You can work remotely and are self sufficient
- We maintain and promote an inclusive workplace and have zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment. You will not exhibit any behaviours or attitudes that conflict with this policy.
- 3+ years commercial development experience in Unity
- Proven expertise with Unity and scripting
- Strong understanding of level design, layout, whitebox processes, UI implementation, scripting, logic flow
- Able to adjust to existing developed coding styles and systems
- Ability to work asynchronously alongside our other Programming, Design, Art and Production team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in computer science or related field
- Fluency in English
- Good grammatical skills
- Portfolio of relevant work in Unity or Unreal
Experience in Serious Games, training or education is highly advantageous but not required.