Authored onTuesday, 28 February, 2023 - 12:40 PM
Game Developer (UI/UX focus)
Who We Are:
Featherweight is a 10 person indie studio based in Surry Hills, Sydney. Founded in 2014, we are a small studio that aims to make ambitious, original, high-quality games that punch above their weight. Our games have been downloaded over 200 million times and have appeared in the top games of the App Store and Google Play.
We only work on original IP and aim to stand out by making unique games that are truly rewarding and memorable for players.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for an experienced mid-level Game Developer to join our team based in Surry Hills, Sydney. This position is mainly focused on UI: you will implement intuitive, engaging user interfaces for our games on multiple platforms. We want you to use interactivity, animation and thoughtful design to make our games come alive for players.
- Prototype functioning UI screens in the Unity game engine using C#
- Collaborate with our art team to produce graphical assets
- Implement the final designs
- Also assist with gameplay and/or systems programming from time to time
We want to work with someone who is a good programmer and really passionate about game feel. You will be involved in the development of our games from early prototypes through to release, as well as creating exciting content updates for live games with over 200k daily active players.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply. We highly value an inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you. We believe a diverse team with multiple perspectives produces the best ideas.
- Game programming experience
- Good eye for game feel
- Excellent communication and creative collaboration skills
- Ability to work well in a team but also independently, managing your own time and tasks
- Creative ideas and a love of games
- We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes (We are happy to see graduates with great portfolios)
- Experience working on shipped games
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- C# programming experience
- Experience with GIT version control
- Experience in other fields of game development. Our team is made up of flexible all-rounders, so let us know about any other game dev skills you have!
Why Work at Featherweight:
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- A mix of work-from-office and work-from-home
- Sustainable working hours with no crunch or overtime
- Create high-quality games that our players love as much as we do
- Friendly, inclusive and supportive work environment
- Our team is small and multi-disciplinary, which gives you the opportunity to make a big impact on the games you work on
- Our office is located just 2 minutes walk from Sydney Central Station
- Job stability: Featherweight is fully funded by the ongoing success of our previous titles
- Permanent full-time role
- Annual salary between $75k - $100k with yearly salary reviews
- Bonus system linked to company profit
- Remote work is possible but colocation heavily favoured (our office is 2 minutes walk from Sydney Central Station)
- All details are flexible/negotiable based on experience
How to Apply:
- Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include samples of your work that we can play or watch that demonstrate your ability to build game UI
Applications close 27/03/2023