Junior to Mid
Blowfish Studios is expanding its studio and we're seeking talented Unreal C++ Programmers to join the team!. You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Very good knowledge of the Unreal game engine
- Ability to work in a team, and to incorporate feedback from peers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Games College, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Good knowledge of a secondary language: C# or Java
- Experience using git preferably, or some source control software
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Great problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Ability to take direction well
- Share knowledge and be open to learning from others
Nice to Have
- Optimising & profiling games in Unreal
- Understanding of how Unreal uses C++
- Deep understanding of Unreals Blueprint system, & how different class types fit together
- Primary Software: Unreal 4 / 5
- Secondary Software: Visual Studio, Git, Unity 2018, GameMaker Studio 2
- Other Software: Trello, Jenkins
- Platform(s): PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, Xbox Series S/X, Switch, iOS, Android
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.