Authored byUltimate Studio
Authored onWednesday, 2 August, 2023 - 11:12 AM
ABOUT ULTIMATE STUDIO
Ultimate Studio is a Melbourne based games studio on a mission to build remarkable long lasting games. To do this we want to bring passionate and talented people together, and give them the resources, time and space to focus on building games. We are currently looking for driven developers to join our experienced teams to help shape and build two high fidelity action PC games using Unreal Engine. Ultimate Studio is also a remote first workplace built on trust that caters for flexible working hours.
As the Lead Environment Artist, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation of visually stunning environments for one of our upcoming PC titles. Working closely with the Art Director and the game team, you will lead the development of environment art and ensure it aligns with the overall visual vision. This full-time role requires a deep understanding of environment art techniques, a mastery of the latest tools and technologies, and the ability to achieve high fidelity and performant results. A self-driven and collaborative mindset is essential to championing the artistic vision while collaborating with both creative and technical stakeholders to deliver remarkable environments that amaze players.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to establish the overall visual direction and vision for the environments.
- Produce composites and visual showcases to communicate ideas and concepts effectively.
- Design and create high-quality environment art to enhance the game design and convey game state and events.
- Ensure environment art adheres to technical requirements and meets memory and performance guidelines.
- Create and modify assets to support rapid prototyping of experimental features.
- Work with the development team to correctly implement and showcase environment assets in game.
- Collaborate with production to define scope and timelines for project milestones.
- Develop and refine best practices and workflows to achieve production goals and maintain high-quality environment art production standards.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional environment art skills and a strong sense of aesthetics.
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine or comparable game engines.
- Understanding of memory and performance limitations in relation to environment art.
- Effective time and workload management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities and attention to detail to deliver high-quality results.
- Previous experience in a lead or senior environment artist role is highly desirable.