Authored byNot Doppler
Authored onFriday, 15 September, 2023 - 4:34 PM
Not Doppler is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Tester / Assistant Producer to join our team in a permanent full-time capacity. The role is a hybrid role focused on a mix of quality-assurance testing, community management & producer duties on our most recent title, Food Stylist, which has over 4 million downloads since launch.
This role will be based in Sydney. Competitive pay based on experience.
About the role:
Food Stylist is a lifestyle, decoration game that allows players to plate up virtual dishes & have them rated by other members of the community. Featuring a realistic graphics style, it is the first game of its kind on mobile.
We’re continuing to scale up the marketing of the game, including running a variety of live-ops events, and a schedule of new design challenges each day in the game.
The role of the Quality Assurance Tester / Assistant Producer will be responsible for the following aspects of the project:
- Setup & co-ordinate live-ops events & content based on the determined schedule of the product manager on the project
- Test all content & live ops events for bugs, defects and cosmetic issues; both within the Unity Editor as well as across multiple Android & iOS devices.
- Document issues with clear reproduction steps and video/screenshots so our team can efficiently resolve issues.
- Help resolve technical issues reported by players through our support channels, including being the customer-facing point of contact for players across our various community groups & email support channel.
In addition, you’ll also have some secondary duties:
- Collaborate with Product Managers & Developers to set the guidelines and processes for Quality Assurance within Not Doppler
- Support the Product Manager with design scopes and documentations for various features as needed; especially those that pertain to improvements to bugs & defects, or improving the performance of live-ops events.
- Assist with Quality-Assurance across other in-development titles where needed.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Existing experience in QA within a games/apps company OR completed a games/apps/IT related degree or course.
- A keen interest in games, especially mobile games.
- Strong Communicator: Able to communicate issues that arise clearly to members of our programming, design and art teams.
- Independent and self-driven: Confident to independently develop test plans from provided design documentation, without having day-to-day guidance.
- Strong attention to detail: Able to remain focused and diligent on testing the same level or feature multiple times, or identifying the most obscure bugs and defects.
- Organised: Given the regular, ongoing sequence of our live-ops schedule, you’ll need to be someone who loves being organised and on top of their schedule.
Bonus skills, not required:
- Basic knowledge of Unity
- Based on the theme of the game we are working on, an interest in food (cooking / dining out / checking out restaurants etc.)
- Experience with Github or Sourcetree
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please fill out the form below:
For candidates that are shortlisted, we will conduct all first round interviews in our Sydney office. If you are not based in Sydney but are interested in relocation, we can conduct interviews via Google Meet.
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
About Not Doppler
Originally founded as a web games portal; Not Doppler is now 100% focused on free-to-play mobile game development. We have published the popular Earn to Die series as well as building Crash of Cars in-house. We have a strong focus on developing and publishing original IP for mobile, with new projects in the pipeline. We have a growing team of over 25 members. For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
Applications close Sunday October 1, 2023