Torus Games is seeking a character artist to join the team at our Bayswater studio for an immediate start. The position is fixed term for 9 months but may be subject to extension pending project requirements.
The successful applicant will be required to:
* Create high quality character models
* Work within restrictions of engines, platforms and deadlines
* Contribute to meetings and maintain communication with the rest of the development team
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Experience creating realistic character models for film or video games
* Experience creating detailed high-poly as well as efficient low-poly meshes
* Highly experienced working with normal maps and capable of creating realistic textures and materials
* Strong knowledge and understanding of anatomy
* Highly experienced and proficient with Maya, Zbrush (and/or Mudbox) and Photoshop
* Experience of real-time character pipelines and efficient management of UVs and texture memory
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of Physically Based shaders
* Experience with the Unreal Engine pipeline
Only applicants with Australian citizenship or relevant visas will be considered. We do not relocate international or interstate applicants and we are not considering off-site employment.
All applications must include work samples, as either a CD/DVD or a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are unable to process applications which do not include this information.
Torus does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.