Ok, I think you may have noticed that occasionally the site hangs for 5 minutes (or even more) before it comes back again. It's been doing this randomly for a while now, and it's pretty frustrating because I can't pinpoint exactly what the problem is. I've searched everywhere on the problem, and all I can find is that it may be due to recordsets not being closed, but I'm certain they all are. But yeh, for some reason, the database is getting locked up.
Now, what I'm going to tell you is probably going to make you laugh your ass off, but Sumea uses Access for it's database. Access should stay as a desktop database, and not on the net where there's lots of concurrent users.
Anyway, I've installed MySQL, converted the database over from Access, and I'm currently going through every page on Sumea and making the appropriate adjustments and changes so that everything works as it supposed to. It won't be as bad as going through 700 or so Sumea comment threads to make sure that the XML is properly formed, but it's still a pain. I should've used MySQL from the beginning, but I just didn't know any better [;)]
Ok, scrap that, I can only choose between MySQL or SQL server with my host, and for some reason I set up SQL server ages ago [:o].. so SQL server it is. MySQL is really nice though. I highly recommend it, and for god's sakes, don't use Access. [:D]