The course starts on the 15th of February and runs for 5 days. Classes are from 10am to 5pm with a 1 hour break.
The cost is AU$750.
There are only 19 places available on this course so please book early to avoid disappointment. The last course had 40 places and it was overbooked.
For more information and to book online visit the course website here.
Here's a video of some of the games produced by participants of the last iPhone games course.
This 5 day course will teach you everything you need to know to produce games for the Apple
iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad tablet computer. Using the Torque 2D Game engine, participants will
learn how to create art and audio assets suitable for mobile games platforms, write scripts to manipulate these assets and incorporate tilt and touch input, and then deploy games to the iPod Touch hardware using Xcode. Conor O'Kane is a professional independent game developer with experience in game development for iPhone/iPod Touch platform and successfully published titles on the App store.
- Overview of the Torque 2D editor interface
- Importing original assets into Torque
- Introduction to scripting − touch controls
- Creating particle effects
- Adding audio and text objects to your games
- Using Xcode to deploy games to the hardware
- Advanced scripting − tilt controls and other input methods
- Additional Torque features − tilemaps, triggers, vector objects
- Discussion of iPad development
- How to prepare your game for the iPad launch
- Develop your original game
- Deploy your game to the iPod hardware
Participants should have some programming or scripting experience and should be familiar with
Every workstation includes a Mac with Xcode, Photoshop and Torque installed, a Wacom Intuos 4 graphics tablet, and an iPod Touch.