Comments Function on Sumea Votes, Mem Pics, News..

Forum: 

I've just put up the functionality for visitors to [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/svotes.asp?id=37"]comment on the voting topics on Sumea[/url].. if you ever had anything to say in one of the topics, you can do it now. [:)]

Anyway, I can re-use the asp code, and with some adjustments, we can have comments for uploaded pictures too..

souri's picture

Ok, that was easy. [:)] You can post comments for any of the gallery pics that Sumea members have uploaded now!

souri's picture

You can also comment on Sumea news entries as well now!

souri's picture

Ok, this probably isn't very interesting to anybody, but I kinda got tired of having to go in and removing duplicate posts from people making comments and clicking refresh right after. It took a bit of wrangling and changing how a lot of other things work but that problem is now no more. Also when people write profanity and swear words, they get to re-edit it rather than lose their messages like before (heh). Anyway, the comments asp scipting is shocking (there's so much going on) and I never want to touch it ever again.

I'm looking forward to adding/changing something in another 2 months and shouting out "what.. the.. freakn hell?!" at the comments asp.

mcdrewski's picture

Ah souri, you say you're not a coder but you have the soul and the hard-bitten potty-mouth of a true maintenance coder :)

Good fix BTW - thanks for the hard work.

edit: typo

souri's picture

I'm probably the last person on Earth you'd wanna even remotely call a coder. [:D]

lorien's picture

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I'm probably the last person on Earth you'd wanna even remotely call a coder. [:D]

Nope. Your code mostly works [:)] (even on weird browsers). Puts you out in front imho [:)]