Skip to main content

Collapse the stack

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

What does it mean when they say this. I'm trying to unwrap my model and after i do a uv map and unwrap it says collapse the stack, i have no idea what to do. Plx help.

Submitted by davidcoen on Sat, 13/03/04 - 10:52 PM Permalink

if in max, it refers to your 'stack' of modifyers, you might havs started off with a 'mesh', and added a 'uv map' and then a 'uv edit' (haven't looked at max in a while).

you can right click (i think) and get a collapse option, or it is one of the buttons on that panne of the tools. by collapsing they may want you to just convert it back into an editable mesh...

save before play with this, of course...

DSC

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 14/03/04 - 7:36 PM Permalink

is it collapse to or collapse all.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 14/03/04 - 9:53 PM Permalink

collapse all will collapse the entire stack bringing it back to editable mesh, collapse will just collapse the modifier you have selected.

Sooner or later you have to collapse the stack, but when you chose to is a matter of personal taste, and file size. I for example collapse my stack after I map each bit, then move on to the next bit. Some people I know make a huge stack and only collapse it when they have finished the uvws for the entire model.

Pantmonger

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 14/03/04 - 11:12 PM Permalink

I modled it as edit poly but do i have to convert it to edit mesh.

Does anyone know good tutorials.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

What does it mean when they say this. I'm trying to unwrap my model and after i do a uv map and unwrap it says collapse the stack, i have no idea what to do. Plx help.

Submitted by davidcoen on Sat, 13/03/04 - 10:52 PM Permalink

if in max, it refers to your 'stack' of modifyers, you might havs started off with a 'mesh', and added a 'uv map' and then a 'uv edit' (haven't looked at max in a while).

you can right click (i think) and get a collapse option, or it is one of the buttons on that panne of the tools. by collapsing they may want you to just convert it back into an editable mesh...

save before play with this, of course...

DSC

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 14/03/04 - 7:36 PM Permalink

is it collapse to or collapse all.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 14/03/04 - 9:53 PM Permalink

collapse all will collapse the entire stack bringing it back to editable mesh, collapse will just collapse the modifier you have selected.

Sooner or later you have to collapse the stack, but when you chose to is a matter of personal taste, and file size. I for example collapse my stack after I map each bit, then move on to the next bit. Some people I know make a huge stack and only collapse it when they have finished the uvws for the entire model.

Pantmonger

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 14/03/04 - 11:12 PM Permalink

I modled it as edit poly but do i have to convert it to edit mesh.

Does anyone know good tutorials.