Authored bySaber Astronautics
Authored onFriday, 23 July, 2021 - 12:29 PM
About Saber Astronautics
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations. Our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Saber launched and operates the next generation Mission Control Center “Responsive Space Operations Center” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars so our goal is to democratise space and make it accessible to everyone. To facilitate our goals, the open dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20 year industry veteran.
Saber is committed to the most cutting edge technology, and staying at the forefront of our field with a continuous process of invention and discovery.
Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. Take the opportunity to make your impact today! We’re looking to hire a Mid-level Unity C# Game Engineer. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry, no ideas are too big, no jobs too small. See your ideas come to life!
You’ll work in leafy Chippendale, public transport within a 5 minute walk, quick access to restaurants and cafes in Chippendale, Central Park and Spice Alley, with a bakery/cafe making famous sourdough and coffee just seconds away from our front door. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships.
We encourage anyone who is interested and passionate to apply to see how they can join the space industry and make an impact.
Saber Astronautics is seeking a qualified Mid-level Unity C# Game Engineer to join their team for a full-time position in Sydney Australia.
You will be responsible for developing next generation space mission control software, implementing features based on requests from the space industry, and Saber's own Responsive Space Operations Centres (RSOC/Mission Control Centres). You will also have a hand in debugging and solving complex issues.
Reporting to the Software Product Lead, you will be a key member of the team in delivering mission control software to the space industry.
The successful applicant will require excellent knowledge of C# with experience interfacing with APIs and common libraries, and have at least 3 years experience developing within the Unity game engine. They should be well-versed in writing clean, test-driven, and maintainable code, and know how to follow and maintain a coding standard, with proper code documentation techniques. They will be able to apply their critical thinking skills to the test, allowing them to debug and solve issues effectively. Experience with writing unit tests is preferable.
They will also require experience working within an Agile team, utilising tools such as Git or equivalent version control, and preferably management tools such as Jira.
Due to the secure nature of the work you may be required to perform, you must be Australian citizen. Non-negotiable. PR and work visas are not able to be hired for this position.
- 3+ years experience with Unity game engine development in C#
- Strong/excellent knowledge and understanding of C#, design patterns, common algorithms and data structures
- Strong/excellent experience writing clean, test-driven, and maintainable code
- Experience working in an Agile environment, using tools such as Jira
- Version control experience utilising industry standard software such as Git
- Experience handling API libraries
- Experience working with large existing codebases, following and maintaining a coding standard, and proper code documentation
- Well-versed at debugging and problem solving
- Strong JSON skills
- Strong understanding of system design and user experience
- Performance optimisation
- Experience with unit test frameworks within Unity
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Experience developing in Unity for Mac and Linux
- Strong math skills
- Experience with Orbital Mechanics
Employment Type: Full Time
- Certification or degree in computer science/software engineering and/or:
- 3+ years professional experience required if not degree qualified.
- Available for immediate start.
- Good relationship and team player skills
- Must be an Australian citizen
- Have a keen interest in space.
- Enjoys working with Test Driven Development coding standards
- Prior experience working in a team environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to remain professional.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments and clients.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner and values consistent with Saber Astronautics
How to Apply
All applications need the following information supplied:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of Australian Citizenship
- CV or Resume
Portfolio of prior work:
- Code samples in C#
- Projects that you've developed/worked on in Unity
- Other projects you have worked on that you believe will strengthen your application
Once you have assembled your application, email the completed bundle to: email@example.com with the job role Mid-level Unity C# Game Engineer in the email subject line.
Applications are currently open.