Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onTuesday, 24 August, 2021 - 3:15 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek a 3D Art Generalist to help create and handle art assets in Path of Exile. You will work to create, improve and maintain the aesthetic of environments, characters and monsters. You would give critique, manage and prepare other artists’ work to ensure functionality with our in-house tools and pipeline.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance (for the right candidate if needed)
- Experience as a 3D Artist/Generalist in a professional studio
- Good general knowledge of Maya when it comes to modelling, texturing and basic rigging.
- Good understanding of import/export processes using .obj/.fbx file formats.
- Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
- Proficiency in Maya and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Substance and PBR materials is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
- An avid gamer with a deep understanding of our game, Path of Exile.
- Experience working in the game industry highly regarded
- TD skills
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA/Diploma in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for). Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.