We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek experienced Concept Artists to join us.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance if required
- Develop concept art, maintaining a consistent aesthetic across the game
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Be aware of project/task schedules and deliver work to deadlines
- Engage with the Creative Director, Art Directors and Producers
- 3+ years experience as a game concept artist
- Experience in 2D/3D artistic modelling or texturing in game development
- Superior eye for lighting, value, colour, texture and details
- A firm grasp of composition and anatomy as it relates to games
- Passion and ability for creating realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments, items, characters and monster designs.
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team environment
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Proactive and self-reliant
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team environment
- A strong portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
- Avid gamer with a deep understanding of Path of Exile and its themes
- A traditional arts background and/or a BA in Fine Art or 3D/Game Art
How to apply:
Send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.