Authored onMonday, 27 September, 2021 - 3:23 PM
About the company & the game:
VectorStorm is a studio based in South Melbourne at The Arcade, one of the world’s first video game co-working spaces! We’re a small, creative team with a passion for empowering players to shape their own experiences.
MMORPG Tycoon 2 is a single-player game about building the world’s greatest MMORPG - yours! Build the world, set the rules, wield the banhammer, nerf the classes, and keep your subscribers coming back. All these and more are possible in MMORPG Tycoon 2!
We are looking for a programmer to join the team! This is a 6-month role, with the possibility of extension. You will be required to maintain existing functionality, add features, debug faults, and improve the overall stability and performance of the product. This position can be remote and hours are flexible, but we have a strong preference to have our timezones line up.
Skills & requirements:
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Great refactoring, code maintenance, and comprehension skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and quickly iterate
- Ability to estimate your work & assess impacts on schedule
- Strong writing, documentation, and communication skills
- Experience with version control software
- UI/UX & game design sensibilities
- A love of MMORPGs or tycoon games
- Lead Developer
To apply, please send your application to email@example.com. Please include your CV and cover letter, and answer the following question:
- Do you enjoy MMOs? If yes, which is your favourite?