Authored byHipster Whale
Authored onFriday, 17 December, 2021 - 4:13 PM
We’re searching for a talented junior/mid level Artist to join the Hipster Whale team. Working closely with our Studio Artist, you’ll be given support to work with our house style and freedom to put your own creative spin on things.
Ideally, you’ll be Melbourne based (or willing to relocate) and already hold a Visa allowing you to work in Australia. We offer flexible hours and are open to our creative team working on their own projects, in their own time.
- Support the visual development of Crossy Road Castle and future projects
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas and concepts
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Build game assets out of voxels and bring them through to Unity
- When required, manage and delegate responsibilities to other artists and provide direction
- Proven experience in the games industry with a creative portfolio which is suitable to the house style of Hipster Whale (you probably don’t hate voxels and bright things)
- Solid understanding of design, typography, colour, anatomy, and composition
- Comfortable using standard 2D and 3D packages - Photoshop, Blender, etc
- Working knowledge of Unity (or other games engine/s) and how to import assets
- Able to incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- A good sense of humour
- A portfolio of stylized work
- Able to produce simple yet charming designs - e.g. chibification
- Animation knowledge/ability
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with [Name – Artist Position] in the subject line. The email should include:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in joining Hipster Whale
- Your CV link to your portfolio or reel
- A link to *ONE* piece of work which you think showcases your suitability for Hipster Whale and this role specifically
We will do our best to respond individually to all applicants. We really look forward to seeing your work!
Applications close Friday, 14 January 2022.