Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onThursday, 20 January, 2022 - 12:51 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a studio of 165 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek 3D Character Riggers/Technical Artists to join our rigging team.
Location: Onsite in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
*Relocation assistance if required
Skills & Requirements
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of rigging using the Maya rigging tools
- Ability to create clear, non-destructive, user-friendly rigs
- Knowledgeable in proper anatomy and body mechanics
- Good general knowledge of Maya with regards to modelling and texturing
- At least one year of character rigging experience in a professional studio
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Good self-management, with a positive attitude and ability to receive and provide constructive and objective feedback
- A showreel and/or portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
- Must be willing to complete a rigging test if requested to do so
- An avid gamer with an understanding of our game, Path of Exile
- Experience working in the game industry
- Experience in scripting and tool development using MEL, Python or PyQt
- Experience using various simulation plugins like nCloth, bullet or pulldownit
- A tertiary qualification related to 3D art or game design
- Strong understanding of math
How to apply
If you meet the requirements in the job description, send us an email with a cover letter and your CV including link/s to your portfolio/reel (whichever is relevant to the role you are applying for).
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with your name + position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Grinding Gear Games
2020 Winner - BAFTA Best Expanding Game
2013 Winner - GameSpot's PC Game of the Year