Authored onTuesday, 25 January, 2022 - 2:28 PM
Please do not email follow up. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Blowfish Studios is expanding, and we're seeking a marketing media content creator to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in video games, movies or entertainment video production..
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and work on a variety of projects, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in Sydney and working from home, this role requires the ability to work onsite at our North Sydney office 2-3 days per week. Fully remote position (within Australia) considered for the right applicant.
- Create game trailers and other videos for a wide range of marketing purposes.
- Edit videos displaying pertinent content for age rating agencies such as the ESRB, PEGI, CERO etc.
- Utilize your visual storytelling & gaming skills to capture gameplay footage that communicates key messages from creative briefs and from stakeholder requests.
- Create visually stunning and appropriate motion graphics for videos, websites, game visualizations, digital ads etc.
- Capturing footage for BTS, Twitch streams and events to create exciting branded content.
- Creation of marketing materials, including art for websites, posters, social media, print and packaging for PlayStation, Xbox and other game platforms.
- Ability to communicate your vision for Video/media concept though pitching to stakeholders
- Creation and optimization of animated GIFs.
- A reel and online portfolio showcasing numerous examples of current up-to-date work.
- Minimum two years experience creating game trailers.
- Demonstrated gameplay capture experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficient with motion graphics, effects and simple compositing
- Comfortable preparing layered PSDs for simple character animation
- Comfortable editing with 4k footage
- Comfortable with sound mixing and editing
- Excellent sense of timing and cadence in video motion graphics design
- Experience with media management - keeping files organised
- Understanding of video compression, bitrates and rendering aspects for export to multiple platforms.
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects of varying priorities and timelines
- Must be an avid gamer with a good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Able to take direction and integrate feedback well.
Nice to Have
- TV broadcast design experience
- Print design expertise
- Website creation skills
Primary Software: Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator. Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, Trello, social media platforms
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Location: Sydney
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.