Authored byDigital Lode
Authored onTuesday, 18 January, 2022 - 11:25 AM
VR Design Lead - Design Team Lead - Senior Game or Level Designer
Digital Lode is an award-winning indie VR game developer based in Footscray, Melbourne. We’re a growing team of 20, working in a super fun, innovative start-up style environment. Our first released title, “Espire 1: VR Operative” is an epic VR stealth action game that has launched us into our next project and set us on the path of making consumer VR games.
Immersive media, games and VR excite you. You’re a passionate leader, inspired by teaching and mentoring others in new and interesting ways. You’ve worked in Game Design and Level Design in a senior capacity, and have dabbled in a few other areas of design and now you’re looking for the right IP opportunity to share your knowledge and passion with others to help skill build and innovate in step with what’s coming up for VR games in the next few years.
We’re a super ambitious team committed to making hecticly fun VR games. We’re always sharing, showing and playing what we create. We’re out of the box thinkers - all willing to learn, grow and improve. We love immersive media and have more than a few VR evangelists in our midst. For our size, we’ve accomplished really huge feats and are in the market for creating full-length action, stealth and other consumer VR games.
- Work closely with our design team of level designers, game designer, narrative, AI and a sound designer to actively grow their skills and initiative
- Provide day-to-day management, mentorship, and leadership to others, guiding them in resolving issues and helping develop their overall skills
- Participate in organisational planning and structure to maintain a competitive business strategy
- Work closely with game director to drive game design across systems and ensure cross pollination of design best practices between project teams
- Work closely across all teams to build alignment on design goals
- Actively guide teams to reach target design goals for projects
- Maintain knowledge of the local and global VR and game market and share insights with the team
The successful candidate will have:
- Serious passion for immersive media
- Demonstrable experience creating gameplay in a 3D environment
- 1 specialisation across game, level, narrative, AI, UX and sound design, and knowledge in at least one other area
- Ability to motivate teams and promote initiatives
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills & thrives in a team environment
- Proven problem solving skills
Bonus points to applicants with:
- Experience designing stealth action games
- VR Design experience
- Experience working with Agile production and Scrum development framework
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume, portfolio and a tailored note telling us why you’d like to work with us. If you’re interested and would like to learn more, send an expression of interest to us at jobs[at]espirevr.com
Applications close Sunday, 30th January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.